Russell has “tagged” me with the ubiquitous “Eight Random Facts/Habits” meme. Apparently the meme comes with a stipulation that you must copy and paste a set of rules regarding the transmission of this meme, to which I say, screw the rules! I’ll summarize them how I like! So give eight random facts or habits about yourself, link back to this post, and link to [at most] eight other people whom you would like to infect with this viral concept of transmissive self-revelation. Here are my random eight:
- I’ve been baptized no less than three times in my life:
- Catholic sprinkling baptism as an infant.
- “Born-again” immersion at GCF.
- Fundamental Independent Baptist immersion at Berean Bible Baptist in Parañaque because apparently the GCF baptism was an “alien immersion.”
- I shot a man in Half-Life just to watch him die.
- With his last breath he called me “Gordon.”
- I once wrote a girl that I loved her before I even knew what the words meant.
- It was her birthday.
- She never answered.
- This was in first grade at a school in Foster City, California.
- I enjoy the recreational use of nested lists.
- Can you tell?
- Nested lists are awesome.
- I write the HTML manually in a single line without returns or tabs because I’m so hardcore.
- Also because Movable Type keeps parsing the line breaks.
- The one time in my life I’ve been offered a joint, I turned it down.
- Everyone else in the circle went except me.
- I was so uncool.
- When I’m bored and have finished reading my feeds, LJ friends, Facebook updates, and Twitter stream, I like to randomly click through:
- That’s no moon.
- It’s a space station.
- Whenever I accept “tags” like this I am seized by an overwhelming urge to follow the links as far back as I can.
- It sometimes gets annoying because a lot of these people don’t know how to link back.
- But I managed to trace this one back to a loop in May, which can be read after the jump.
Meme Genealogy: Eight Random Facts/Habits
russell > randall > karina > filmsnob > chuck > alonzo > bob > culturesnob > eddie > lucas > bohemiancinema > piper > mynewplaidpants > modfab > gary > phillybits > brendan > brent > possummomma > pharyngula > ironicus > james > george > ben > becca > monkey > matty > padremickey > mikef > missy > barbara > gem > nonstopchatter > angela > bowrag > andrea > lyn > jeanne > zephyr1 > scott > carol > ian > savvyology > phil > lordmatt > virushead > gratefulbear > chip > tish > andi > bookgirl > matt > shelflife > stephanie > chris > teabird > caitlin > audrey (this was hard to find because crescent knitter didn’t backlink) > marit > caroline > laura > rachel > georgiana > camy > susan > relevantgirl > gina > cj > rel > amy > christy > missy > trish > natalie > mlrhodes (we are now in myspace aaagghhh) > jmsnyder > sharon > aonia > ansley (backlink goes to a private blog but searching for the friend’s name traces the thread back out of myspace – whew) > kate > roxy > lisa > rhiannon > anna > natasha > tessa > tawny (at this point the tag goes back to trish and we enter a loop through the realm of erotic fiction writers. There are alternative forks, but I will go no further.)