‘Tis truth, Valerie, a list of things I have lost would fill a weblog all by itself. Through the years, I have lost:
- A Panasonic G350, my very first cellphone, which slid out of my pocket in a jeepney.
- A Nokia 3390, which fell out of my pocket in a Baltimore taxi.
- A Palm Zire 21, which also slid out of my pocket in a Baltimore taxi. (Sensing a pattern here…)
- A Pencam Mini, which disappeared into the snows of Baltimore, 5 Dec 2002. (This was the last photo it ever took.)
- A $18.90 Metro farecard, which I had managed to use exactly once before I lost it between the office and the turnstile.
- Any number of sunglasses, hats, ballpens, socks, and black clips.
As you can see, loose slacks pockets are often the culprit, so I’m usually a lot more careful about what I put in my slacks nowadays.