I’ve cooked a few things, but until last week, I had never cooked a pork chop. Oh, I’ve eaten pork chops several times, but I’ve never actually made a pork chop meal for myself. That changed on Friday, as I purchased two nice big slabs to do with as I pleased, along with a little shaker of BBQ Grill Mate. Here, then, is my quick and dirty recipe for BBQ-sprinkled lemony pork chops.
- Sprinkle pork chops with BBQ Grill Mate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze a lemon or two over it.
- Leave to marinate in refrigerator for the afternoon.
- Broil at 450°F for 12 minutes. Use a proper drip tray to let the fat and excess olive oil drip out.
- Serve with optional apple sauce.
As with most of my cooking, all times and quantities are arbitrary. If you’ve got a grill or a George Foreman, grill away; it saves you the step of dripping off excess fat and olive oil, which I had to do since I don’t have a proper broiling drip tray.