Terror attacks in London. So far, three Underground trains and a bus have been bombed. It looks like BBC’s being very conservative with the casualty count, and is wisely avoiding the flurry of rumors which always follows an incident such as this. And speaking of rumors, a heretofore unkonwn Al Qaeda group has claimed responsibility.
Londoners, take care. More linkage as the news develops:
- Londonist is on the beat with live updates.
- Guardian News Blog. And the BBC, of course.
- 2005 London Transport Explosions page on Wikipedia. Impressive. Online community response at its best.
- Metafilter and Slashdot discussions. Online community response at its not-so-best.
- London Bomb Blasts Pool on Flickr. Unfortunately it’s overrun with busybodies’ screenshots of news websites and their TVs, and insipid “tribute” photos of things completely unrelated to the bombings.
- Mobile photo from the tube and another mobile photo of people evacuating.
- Eyewitness accounts and reader reactions on the BBC.
- UKBlogs Aggregator has a running feed as Londoners post to their weblogs.
- Instapundit roundup.
- BoingBoing roundup.