I have a few questions about homosexuality in church.
- Can gay individuals become members of a Christian church?
- Can a gay member occupy a position of authority in the church (e.g. deacon, elder, teacher) if he demonstrates the skill and ability to serve?
- Can a single gay man become an ordained minister at your church? A married gay man?
- Can a married gay couple become members at church?
- Can a gay member who joins in civil marriage with a gay man continue to attend at church?
- Should the church officiate same-sex marriages?
- When we say that Jesus dined with sinners and tax collectors, and we then say that Jesus would do the same with homosexuals today, are we saying that they are sinners, the “sick” for whom the physician comes?
- If a gay man is baptized, confessing with his mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believing in his heart that Christ rose from the dead, but continues to be gay, is he saved?
- Did you know I used to have rainbow suspenders? No joke. I had rainbow suspenders when I was a kid. I wore them, too. With white pants.