The science and imagery coming out of Cassini at Saturn is simply staggering and beautiful.
- First full panorama of Titan’s surface from the descending Huygens probe. (previous imagery here.)
- Enceladus and the Rings almost edge-on.
- Dione and the Rings.
- Enceladus and the Rings again.
- Titan’s Mysterious Red Spot.
- Wide angle shot of Saturn’s southern hemisphere.
Wow. Now that almost* makes the NASA-allocated tax dollars worth it, doesn’t it? More imagery from the Saturn Family on the Planetary Photojournal.
* “Almost,” because we haven’t gone back to the moon or landed on Mars yet. But we’ll get there.