Update, 10am 2 Apr 2004: What? It’s Friday? I thought it was Saturday. <grumble> #
Update, 1am 2 Apr 2004: Well, that was fun. Hits from Boingboing, Mathowie, WaSP, and a bunch of other places, with my bandwidth intact. Anyway, I’m stuck in Baltimore right now, having missed the last train back to DC, and starting tomorrow I’m going to enjoy a nice, long, relaxing weekend with Amy at the Cherry Blossom Festival. More words soon on standards, markup, color palettes, image compression, and designing for traffic. Have a good Palm Sunday weekend and remember to set your clocks ahead. #
Happy April 1st. In addition to M4WeSt, there’s more craziness going on elsewhere on the web:
- On Blogs4God: B4G to acquire B4A and B4B and MS to acquire RCC.
- You got Metawiki in my Metafilter. And JRun must be some kind of bandwidth throttle control.
- Bowman and Shea. CSS thieves, the lot of them.
- Web standards, the new V1ÄgRä. Your website is soooo big.
- Netscape returns. XML surrenders.
- New Google job opening. You’d be a lunatic not to apply.
- Lycos comes to this. (Wait, what’s that? What do you mean it’s not an April Fool’s joke?)
- PEX’s “administrative” forum is showing. (registration required)
- Quake in I.F. mode! Now Pong is no longer alone.
- Thinkgeek now carries Hunger Eliminators, Hamster Habitat Casemods, PC Bakers, and Super Secret Binary Shirts.
- Radley Balko is going premium. $29.95 a month is reasonable, I suppose.
- Homestarrunner failed to renew. If you have a fast connection, go look. Now.
- Batman Begins. Check out the Monster BatHummer.
- Bunghole Discharge. The Low Carb Possum sure looks good.
- Chicken Bomb. I smell fowl play.
- BMW: A New Way to Cook. Electromagnetic Food-what?
- Mac G5 Cubed. But I’m not getting one till it comes in a Cube casing.
- Klingon Eye for the Human Guy. ngaghchuqbogh loDpu’ be’pu’ ghap DIbvaD wo’lIj vuD nuq!
- Jeeves in boxers. “Wardrobe malfunction.” Heh.
- It’s the end of an era. Dawg.
- More here. And here.